Robert Peddy is a Felony Crime Attorney – Lawyer, providing professional Felony and other Criminal Defense legal services in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Plant City, Tampa, Hillsborough, Highlands, Hardee, and Polk County, Florida.
A Felony Criminal Charge is a serious matter which may affect your freedom, your family, and many other areas of your life. If charged with a felony crime it is extremely important for you to seek experienced legal counsel so that you are fully aware of your legal rights, options, and potential defense strategies, based upon the specific circumstances of your case.
In the State of Florida there are three degrees of a felony crime:
- Third Degree Felony: punishable by up to a $5,000 fine, five (5) years prison and/or probation;
- Second Degree Felony: punishable by up to a $10,000 fine, fifteen (15) years prison and/or probation;
- First Degree Felony: punishable by up to $15,000 fine, thirty (30) years prison and/or probation.
Depending upon the evidence collected by law enforcement, your prior criminal record, and any special circumstances of the alleged crime, a misdemeanor criminal charge may be changed to a felony, or a 2nd or 3rd degree felony being increased as well.
As a law firm providing professional felony crime defense attorney & lawyer legal services, assisting Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Plant City, Tampa, Hillsborough, Highlands, Hardee, and Polk County, Florida residents with the defense of felony charges, we utilize our experience to protect the legal rights and freedoms of each of our criminal defense clients in an effort to achieve the best possible resolution when facing felony crime charges.
If you have have been arrested and/or charged with a felony crime, we urge you to seek the legal advice of an experienced Lakeland felony charge defense attorney & lawyer. Contact the Law Offices of Peddy, P.A., at (863) 646-1421 to schedule a confidential legal consultation.
At the Law Offices of Peddy, P.A., we will listen to your story and inform you of your legal rights, options, and potential defense strategies. If you choose to retain our law firm to represent your legal rights and freedoms, we will thoroughly investigate and review the facts of your case, seek to have your charges dropped, reduced, or attempt to negotiate an acceptable plea bargain on your behalf, and when a trial is unavoidable we will aggressively defend you in the courtroom.
Felony charges may include, but are not limited to:
- Aggravated Battery; with a deadly weapon or serious bodily injury, or to an elderly person or pregnant woman;
- Aggravated Fleeing to Elude;
- Child Abuse;
- Computer crimes (larceny of money or intellectual property or possession of pornographic, lewd, and lascivious material.);
- Drug Crimes;
- Felony Battery;
- Felony DUI with serious injury / death or prior convictions;
- Forgery, Fraud, or Grand Theft;
- Homicide (manslaughter or murder);
- Lewd & Lascivious conduct;
- Possession of concealed firearm (or with a prior felony);
- Resisting Arrest with violence;
- Sexual Battery
In order for the prosecution to obtain a conviction for a felony criminal charge they must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that you committed the crime (or crimes) you are being tried for. We will put every piece of evidence under a microscope, as well as the actions of law enforcement as they pertain to your case in an effort to prove your innocence or show the jury and/or judge that reasonable doubt of your guilt does in fact exist.
When facing felony charges, let your voice be heard. Contact the Law Offices of Peddy, P.A., by calling (863) 646-1421.
The Law Offices of Peddy, P.A., aggressively defends the legal rights of those arrested or charged with a felony crime in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Bartow, Plant City, Tampa, Hillsborough, Highlands, Hardee, and Polk County, Florida.